MAF competition: a boost in the professional career of apprentices and cooks
MAF 2019: the 6 gold medals framed by Jean-François Girardin (left), President of the Société Nationale des Meilleurs Ouvriers de France and Jean-Marc Delacourt, Head Chef (right)
After a first regional selection, the winners of the competition will participate in the national final at the CFA Médéric de Paris on 27 September 2019.
In 5 hours, they have to make two dishes : a red mullet and its 3 garnishes (2 seafood-based, one vegetable-based), a cheesecake.
For 5 hours, the tension is at its highest in the kitchens!
The winners have been rehearsing since August, where they learnt the dishes they will have to prepare.
"The winners are extraordinarily creative! And they do everything to honour the quality of the products they work with," enthuses Jean-François Girardin, President of the Société nationale des MOF..
Seen as a real boost in the careers of young chefs, the MAF competition is open to everyone and gives immediate recognition in the restaurant sector.
Becoming "One of the Best Apprentices of France" is a simple and effective way to get spotted by the best chefs around.
Impress a jury of top chefs....
To decide between the candidates, a prestigious jury is assembled: 30 great French chefs!
Composed of a large part of Meilleurs Ouvriers de France (MOF for insiders), the jury's mission is to judge what the future MAFs are preparing...
Among this jury of stars:
Christophe Marguin, President of Les Toques Blanches Lyonnaises and chef of Le Président restaurant, a real institution for Lyon's gastronomes,
Jonathan Moncuit, Confirmed Party Leader, Hôtel Le Bristol Paris, 3 stars in the Michelin Guide,
Michel Voyer, Hôtel Ritz Paris
Sacha Vadier, Deputy Chief Pastry Chef Four Season, George V Paris
The jury of the MAF 2019 competition - CFA Médéric Paris
The Gold Medal Winners:
- Rémi Gazagnaire, CFA Saint-Maximin Campus (Var)
- Limon Nazrul Islam, IFI03 at Avermes (Allier)
- Thomas Nédélec, Lycée Hôtelier de Dinard (Ille-et-Vilaine)
- Alann Poilvet, Lycée Hôtelier de Punaauia in Tahiti (French Polynesia)
- Killian Rosini, Lycée Golf Hôtel de Hyères (Var)
- Noa Vernay, Lycée Francois Bise de Bonneville (Haute-Savoie)
The other winners:
- Yoan Boire, Lycée Valery Larbaud de Cusset - (Allier)
- Andrea Boisson, Lycée Hôtelier de La Rochelle (Charente Maritime)
- Louis Catanzano CFA Regional Office of Nice (branch of the Lycée Paul Augier), (Alpes Maritime)
- Chloé Delgado Lycée René Auffray de Clichy (Hauts-de-Seine)
- Ulysse Fagault, URMA CIFAM of Sainte-Luce-sur-Loire (Loire Atlantique)
- Sarah Hamel, Château des Coudraies d'Etiolles (Essonne)
- Mathis Husson, CFA 3IFA in Alençon (Orne)
- Eda Ince, Lycee Prive Saint-Jean-de-Limoges (Haute Vienne)
- Joël Koenig, CFA Hôtelier de Colmar (Haut-Rhin)
- Charlène Poisson, CCI Centre Pierre Cointreau d'Angers (Maine-et-Loire)
- Romain Schwander, CFA Hôtelier de Colmar (Haut-Rhin)
- Noé Benoist, Golf Hôtel de Hyères (Var)
The MAF competition, Cold Cooking category, highlights innovation and youth. An event to follow supported by ProcSea.
Congratulations and thank you to the Société des Meilleurs Ouvriers de France for its welcome!